Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thanks for the Thoughtful Response

I just wanted to thank Walt and Lanny (see Comments at the end of my Post)for the well written and very thoughtful responses to my post. Walt and Lanny both raise very valid and important points about my comments; and more importantly they raise important points about the Inquiry Process.

Perhaps I am naive because I expected to increase my knowledge about inquiry as I surveyed the available research, but all I earned for the effort was more questions.
These two (Lanny and Walt as well as others in UEI) constantly push me to reflect more deeply and think on new levels about teaching and learning. It is exactly this kind of meaningful dialogue that keeps all of us coming back to the Faculty Learning Community: Undergraduates Engaging in Inquiry.

No comments: